Giants’ Odell Beckham leads with his words

in Diskussionen Allgemein über die Kryptowelt 12.02.2019 08:12
von liny195 • 248 Beiträge | 496 Punkte

[url=http://www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com/cheap-will-hernandez-jersey]Youth Will Hernandez Jersey[/url] , now needs to do it with his play It would have been easy on Friday afternoon to jump straight into an “Odell Beckham Jr. should just shut up and play better” rant or otherwise rip him for using an ESPN interview to vent his frustrations at his teammates over the New York Giants 1-3 start.I’ll admit. The first thing that came to mind was “here goes Beckham, making it about him again.”This, though, is one of the reasons why, after 11 years here at Big Blue View and 40 years of writing for a living, I try not to do “hot takes.” They can be great reads. They can get reactions, good or bad. They can also be wrong.Was Beckham venting frustration at the team’s 1-3 record and poor offensive start, was he throwing his quarterback and his other teammates under the bus when he questioned their energy and said the Giants”need to play with some heart?” Was he saying “look at me, I’m doing everything and these guys are dragging me down?” Was this Beckham speaking out of turn and causing an unnecessary headache for Pat Shurmur.Or, was Beckham — more mature in his fifth season from everything we have seen to this point and with the richest contract ever given to a wide receiver in his pocket — trying to step up, trying to get his teammates’ attention, trying to hold them accountable?Was this Beckham’s Antrel Rolle moment? You remember back in 2011 when Rolle called out his teammates, in particular defensive captain Justin Tuck, and the Giants went on a Super Bowl run. That’s the view expressed by Art Stapleton of northjersey.com. Was this Beckham, as Pat Traina wrote for Forbes, trying to be a leader?Beckham’s teammates didn’t have a problem with what he said. Shurmur didn’t seem to have a problem with it, basically telling reporters to go find Beckham and clarify what he meant.Having thought about it for a day, I don’t have a problem with it, either.Beckham is the Giants’ heartbeat. He is their energy source. Beckham is for the Giants what Reggie Jackson once called himself for the Yankees [url=http://www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com/cheap-b.j.-hill-jersey]Youth B.J. Hill Jersey[/url] , “the straw that stirs the drink.”In retrospect, I think Beckham tried to deliver his message about losing not being acceptable on Thursday during his weekly locker room scrum with the media. During that chat he used the word “energy” 12 times. That barely registered on anyone’s radar. Perhaps, and we don’t know for sure because Beckham wasn’t in the locker room during Friday’s media session to clarify anything, he felt that when he spoke to ESPN’s Josina Anderson that he would have to go a step further to get the impact he was hoping for. Thus, the word “heart.” Or, maybe he didn’t mean to go there at all. Beckham is right that the Giants need to be better on offense. He’s right that they need to challenge defenses down the field more often. He’s right that you need to put in the work all week and not just on Sunday. He’s right that their season isn’t doomed because of their 1-3 start, although the heartbeat — sorry — is faint.Maybe Beckham’s words will spur his teammates. Also, though, Beckham needs to play better. Yes, Eli Manning has missed Beckham on a few throws — throws that he needs to make. The fact that Beckham hasn’t gotten into the end zone and is averaging a career-low 10.7 yards per catch is not, though, all Manning’s fault. Or, the offensive line’s fault. Or, Shurmur’s fault. Beckham has admitted to being hesitant at times to reach for the extra gear that made him special. He said Thursday that “I don’t feel like I can be covered,” but at times he has been covered — even 1-on-1. There are examples of both missed throws and times Beckham isn’t open in the video below.If Beckham is trying to lead, which I think he is, that’s good. He should. As I said, he’s the team’s heartbeat. He is the face of the franchise. The Giants, though [url=http://www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com/cheap-saquon-barkley-jersey]Youth Saquon Barkley Jersey[/url] , will look like they have a lot more energy and heart when they are playing better. When they stop making mistakes and going backwards more than 17 percent of the time as an offense.They need Beckham doing the things on the field that made him special to make that happen. It’s Week 6 of the 2018 NFL season and yet the NFC East is as far as its been from having a truly dominant team. Though the picture may get clearer following Thursday night’s matchup between the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles, a Giants win puts the entire division at two victories apiece before Sunday’s slate of games. For now, the NFC East is up for grabs. Here’s what the Eagles, Dallas Cowboys and Washington have been up to this week in order to pull away from the pack.Philadelphia Eagles: Bleeding Green Nation’s Brandon Lee Gowton broke down the Eagles’ final injury report on Wednesday, with five players ruled out for Thursday night. But there was a surprise addition to the injury list early on Thursday — offensive tackle Lane Johnson is now questionable with a high ankle sprain, per the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport (via Gowton). This complicates matters for the Eagles’ offensive line, because left tackle Jason Peters has lately had to take plays off with a nagging quad injury. There could be chaos on the line tonight.Another factor for tonight’s game is the weather. Remaining precipitation from Hurricane Michael is expected to have an effect. Alexis Chassen has the weather report, which calls for thunderstorms and a 95 percent chance of precipitation at kickoff. The good news is that wind isn’t going to be a factor, but a wet ball will affect passing for both the Eagles and the Giants.Dallas Cowboys: The season isn’t even at the halfway point yet, but NFL offenses are already breaking records for points scored and yards earned. That’s not the case for the Cowboys, however. Blogging the Boys’ RJ Ochoa breaks down how the Cowboys have been playing “opposite day” this season, struggling to score points and to adopt their offense to current trends.Perhaps the problem is a simple one — perhaps it is Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott who has been holding Dallas’ offense back. But even if that’s not the issue, Connor Livesay has seen some concerning tape regarding Prescott’s mechanics. Michael Sisemore also thinks that the Cowboys’ receiver-by-committee approach isn’t working out. His verdict: The Cowboys have made “[a] mis-evaluation of the quarterback’s development and skill set as a passer,” as well as“[a] mis-evaluation of the capabilities of the receiving corp they chose for this committee.”Washington: Hogs Haven’s Steve Shoup writes that Washington fans should “Be careful what you wish for when considering replacing Jay Gruden.” Restlessness with a 2-2 start has led to many fans wanting Gruden to be canned after the 2018 season, but Shoup breaks down the plethora of head coaching hires around the NFL since 2015 to illustrate just how hard it is to find the Bill Belichick-type that so many fanbases think they deserve.Scott Jennings provides an injury update on running back Adrian Peterson, who has a shoulder sprain but isn’t expected to miss any time. Jennings also reports that receiver Josh Doctson was back at practice on Thursday, though the heel injury that had him sit out in Week 5 will likely bother him throughout the remainder of the season.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: hardboostxl
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2841 Themen und 3036 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen